Friday, January 22, 2010

Squirrels...and Sadness.

Grr.....they ate all the chickadee food in the sky cafe!  I should've known they would, but... I put some chili suet up in the suet basket and the squirrels are leaving that alone for now, thankfully.  I put cobs of corn and other squirrel-attracting items closer to the squirrel tree, but they still insist on coming over to the feeders.  Grr, grrr, I say! 

Kai was having strange, super soupy poops yesterday and I was worried about him.  I think it may have been the winter melon I gave him, though.  He really liked the edamame that I gave him today, and he got some peas, zucchini, red lettuce, brocolli - which is one of his favourites, banana, a grape, and a piece of my soft pretzel.  The soft pretzels are great - unsalted, soft, tasty, and you just zap them for 30 seconds in the microwave.  Wegman's really does have a great variety of just about everything.




Kai is a bit upset, because Murdock keeps laying on the back of my chair.  I think Kai is gradually learning that the big, poofy white cat isn't going to try to eat him.  That's Murr's spot that he likes to sleep on, because he's so big now, he doesn't really fit on my lap anymore.  It's really sweet, though.  Every once in a while, Murr will reach down and knead my shoulder, or lick my ear and "crunch celery", which is a strange sound he makes somehow that sounds like he's crunching celery.  I think it's a residual nursing habit that he maintains.  He doesn't suck on his tail or blankets, though.

I haven't read the latest books on Raptors just yet, I've just been in such a depression since I found out my Godfather passed away.  I wake up and I don't want to do anything.  I know I have to take care of my animals, though, and I do that at least.  The rest of my life suffers...I started trying to clean my desk up so I could put a little basket for Kai to sit in on my desk and I just got overwhelmed with sadness.  It's just awful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chirp!