Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nesting Boxes Attract...Birds?

Yes, nesting boxes attract all kinds of birds, but they also attract whitefoot mice, flying squirrels, and....cats?  We bought a screech owl nesting box when we went out to a birds of prey sanctuary called Wild Wings at Mendon Pond with Peaches and Thor on Monday!  It was so much fun, and I got to feed chickadees from the palm of my very frozen hand!!!  I'm going to take my little sister and Lauren there when it's warmer :)  The smaller nesting box is a nuthatch box, which my husband screwed a chickadee portal onto, to keep out the bigger birds (hopefully!  Damn invasive European sparrows!).


Really!


He climbed right inside...

Here comes a daddy "bird", but he has no food for the baby "bird"!


This is the face of disappointment...


Alright, time to get Murr-face some dinnerz for reals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chirp!