Saturday, January 16, 2010

He's so smart!


 
Well, he wins the messiest eater award in our house, but I'm sure he's not as bad as bigger parrots, which must leave proprotionally larger messes!  Kai amazes me.  Just last night, I had started training him how to wolf whistle.  Well, after we came back from running around in Henrietta and having dim sum with Peaches and Thor, I brought him out to play with him - and to my surprise, he wolf-whistled to me!  He has two versions, the actual whistle, then he goes, "Woo woooOooo!"  It's just incredible!  I'm trying to teach him Choo Choo! and other cute things.  Even Hubby was impressed and amused.

Hubby still doesn't particularly care for him, but he didn't like Sacha in the beginning, either.  A cat person till the bitter, catty end - maybe.  Hubby does love Sacha now, though; when he meets other dogs, he says, "They're not Sacha."  :)  Kai keeps nibbling on him, sometimes very hard, which makes Hubby pissed off, but I'm trying to work with both of them - I basically have to train Kai AND Hubby. 

"I'm preening myself to look pretty for you!"

"I'm not scared of the camera at all!"
(Maybe some day he'll make the clicking sound!)

"Why wouldn't you wolf-whistle at me?  Aren't I pretty?"

Kai's Kasa-obake impression!
(A Japanese spirit of an umbrella, which animates after 100 years, and has one leg, one eye, arms, and a tongue that sticks out)

"I'm giving it a ponder..."

"I do like what this bokeh does for me!"

The fact that Kai is able to learn words so quickly makes me excited, but also a little worried.  What if he picks up something....well, inappropriate?  I stream Pandora over my phone while we read in bed, and I realized that NIN's uncensorted version of "Closer" was playing.  I fastforwarded, and White Zombie's "More Human Than Human" started playing, complete with moaning woman.  I told Kai, "PLEASE don't pick these words up!  Don't listen!"  Haha, oi.

Parrotal Advisory...Explicit Content!  You know how it goes when you're learning a foreign language - you always learn the expletives first.

Another note on Kai's awesomeness?  He really seems to love metal!  We've been watching the Metalocalypse boxed set that Sister H gave us for Christmas, and he chats up a storm, particularly when the songs are playing!  I'm playing Moonspell for him right now and he's singing/talking while puffing up excitedly and wiggling his tongue, which is really cute.  I'm not sure if it's the guitars or the drums that do it for him?  One of my kittens is in my lap, and he's not afraid of her, nor is she particularly interested in him, which is really good - that doesn't mean I'll be leaving them alone together, though.

On another note, between the sparrows and that naughty squirrel, all the suet in my suet feeder is gone.  We also found some sort of animal track coming up next to our feeders, which looked like either a cat or a fox, which is a big disturbing.  I had to take the Sky Cafe down for a while until we can get the pole mounted into the ground.  It's just too low hanging from the shepherd's hook, and it turns into a squirrel buffet instead.  Time to get a baffle!  Doh.  I keep seeing an adorable little American Tree Sparrow mixed in with the Europeans.  He stands out like a sore thumb with his red little head! 

Hubby and I went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and I picked up two parrot books, a really cool raptor identification book, a book on ravens, and...I forget what else.  I mostly just stayed in bed and read, because I caught a stomach bug that parked me no less than 10 feet from the bathroom for emergency purposes... I'm still feeling icky now, but with a little sleep and hydration, I should be good to get up early tomorrow and deliver my friend's super late Christmas present x.x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chirp!