Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Warm, soggy moment with Kai. (Bathtime)

I had an incredibly cute, warm, soggy (fuzzy) moment today in the shower with Kai today in the shower.  Some people may ask, "Why was Kai in the shower??"  Well, whenever I take showers, I take Kai with me so we can shower together.  He gets showers in the shower, but also over the kitchen sink while sitting on the faucet with the hand sprayer.  I give him a bath that soaks him completely three days a week, and he gets light spritzes in between.  It keeps him happy and softens up any pinfeathers that he may have so he can work them free easier, especially during his molt.

I was rinsing my face off with my back towards Kai, and I hear him try to fly from his perch onto my head.  My shoulders are too small, and he doesn't like to slap me in the face, because I squeaked the first time he tried.  He doesn't like to hurt me on accident.  Kai landed on the bottom of the tub, instead, and when I turned around to make sure he was okay, he waddled right over and perched on my toe, looking up at me.  Some of the water from the showerhead sprinkled down on him, and he spread his wings and tail out and started to bathe right there on my foot!  It was so adorable, I sang to him and he continued to bathe until he gave me his, "I'm done!" honk, then I picked him up and finished showering. 

It was a super adorable moment...Afterwards, we ate a bit of lunch together, and now he's here with me in the computer room.  I close both my doors up so it stays warmer and he can dry off faster.  Brrrrr......it's 43F here right now.  Go figure that NY still thinks it's winter well into spring....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chirp!