Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Toys, whee!

 Oh no, no need to get up, Murr.  I'll just sit on the ottoman instead.
 You might have noticed the adorable owl pillow he's sitting in front of?  Hubby got that for me for Valentine's day - along with the adorable little sterling silver pendant below.  I love them so much!!  They're so cute!
 We went shopping at the petstore out in the city and spent about an hour roaming around.  I picked up a lot of neat stuff while we were in there, but for the most part we just enjoyed ourselves.  I had never seen an automated dog wash before, it was bizarre!  Hubby pointed it out to me, or I would have missed it completely!  You just load your dog in and put the money or tokens in, and it soaks your dog, soaps it up, rinses it, then dries it all in about 20 minutes!  It was big enough for something labrador-sized, so Sacha would have fit, but wow...I'd never seen anything like that before!
Kai got a couple goodies, like two new swing perches and a fruit/veggie skewer with a bell on the end that I can stick food on for him to snack on.  He got really pissed off at first, because the food kept moving away from him when he'd go to bite it, but he got the hang of it.  There's nothing quite as funny as a bird throwing a tantrum, but I tried not to laugh at him as best I could.
 My order from Busy Bird came in, too, so I got a bunch of those straw balls and also shreddable paper rings, though Kai doesn't quite understand he gets to tear them up yet.  He absolutely loves the straw balls! I also got him a couple new perches in the order, then I hit up Walmart and picked up a couple more.  His cage has several perches, which is really nice, I also have a couple outside of the cage for him to play on, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chirp!