Saturday, February 19, 2011

Kai likes to share.

Birds are social animals.  They do everything together, and absolutely hate to be separated from the flock. This means they also eat together, which is why Kai always eats with us at dinner time, and also why he eats when I do if we're in my craft room together.  Earlier, I was eating fish sticks, and since I was starving, I ate them well before Kai was done eating....The following is a transcript of what happened...!

Kai: *Eating a walnut out of the shell, stops to look at M.*
Me: You can keep eating, Kai, I'm full.
Kai: *questioning chirp, followed by...* Want seed? Good seed?
Me: No, that's okay, thank you!
Kai: Want seed. Good boy. *flings the walnut at M.* That's good seed!
Me: *Cracks up, picks the walnut up and pretends to eat it.* Thank you, you're such a good boy!
Kai: Good boy, such a good boy. That's good.


It was so endearing that he felt I should be eating more, and especially that he wanted to share with me.  He often asks me, "That's good?" if I'm eating something he's never seen before, too.  Oddly, he doesn't seem to care for sunflower seeds anymore.  I wonder if it's because he just likes other "good seed"s better.

Kai: Seed?
Me: Okay, Kai, you want seed?
Kai: Seed?
Me: What seed?  Flower (sunflower)? White (pumpkin)? Peanut?
Kai: SEED. (give me a seed, woman!)
Me: Okay, how about Flower seed? *offers.*
Kai: *picks it up and drops it.* Seed?
Me: What about White seed? *offers.*
Kai: *flings that, too.* Want GOOD seed.
Me: What is good seed?? *holds out an assortment.*
Kai: Mmmm!  Good seed.  *selects peanut halve.*  That's good seed.
Me: Hnnnnnnn.....okay, then.  You're such a little diva!
Kai: Kai's a good boy.
Me: Yes, Kai's a good boy.


Good seed also seems to indicate pistachio, pecan, and walnut....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chirp!